Northland District Health Board invests in operational funding which supports the Foundation to assist the DHB with –
- Charitable accounts management – so that donated funds can be distributed across the region
- Charitable Giving – including Endowments and Bequests to the DHB. Northland Foundation manages these funds through their investment policy on behalf of the DHB. The capital from these investments is accrued to save up for significant projects or to be kept in perpetuity to allow interest to be distributed according to the donors wishes.
- One Off Gifts and Fundraising (Corporate Sponsorship and Grants)
- Establishing a Health Fund –the mechanism for philanthropic giving by the community to the DHB
- Special Campaigns (such as Countdown Kids, Talipes Awareness etc)
Our aim is to help the DHB provide for additional medical equipment, support and help to staff, patients and families – as an extra to government funding never as a replacement for government funding.